Apprentice Technical Engineer (Electrical) Pacepacker Services Ltd
To join our busy design office where to process electrical & robotic aspects of machinery orders and to work on design and development projects.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2017
20 Jun 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Assist in the creation and amendments of electrical related documents, drawings & circuits using AutoCAD, Draftsight and EPlan.
- Assist in the creation of all build documentation for customer sales orders using Sage Bill of Materials software to create listings of parts to build a machine.
- All systems we design have a PLC’s & HMi’s that require programs, these programs tell the machines what to do and how to operate.
- The role will entail learning programming languages for various brands of PLC’s & HMi’s like B&R, Mitsubishi & Allen Bradly.
- We are also a Fanuc Robotics strategic partner and the role would involve programming robots.
- Assist in producing risk assessments of systems being designed & built where necessary.
- Also help create operating manuals and any other relevant documentation like installation packs.
- Once experience, customer site visits may be required to attend site to discuss customer projects.
Answer Phones & Enquiries:
- To answer some of the incoming customer queries for the Technical Department, passing on to the required person and / or resolving themselves getting back to the relevant client.
- Must be able to take on a certain amount of product knowledge fairly quickly (training will be given).
Requirements and prospects
- Good telephone manner.
- An interest in how things work, especially mechanically.
- You must be able to demonstrate reading and writing skills & use of the computer.
- We are looking for self-motivated, quick learner, reliable person with a positive attitude who can use their initiative.
- Someone who wants to get on in life. Good inter personal skills.
- Pass in English & Maths.
About the employer
Pacepacker Services Ltd
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations.
- Btec Level 3 Diploma in Engineering.
- Functional Skills in Maths and English if required.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chelmsford College
Fiona Byford-Smith 01245 293009
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017