Apprentice Chef, Clipstone Rumbles Catering Project
Working as part of the kitchen team to prepare, cook and present a range of freshly made dishes using fresh produce. You will learn how to prepare and cook a range of dishes including starters, main courses and desserts.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
19 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Rumbles Catering Project has been in existence now for 17 years in North Nottinghamshire. Their aim is to provide training and work based volunteering placements for people with learning disabilities and disadvantaged persons in a realistic working environment. We offer life skill training alongside courses in Catering, Hospitality and Customer Service. Over the years we have helped many young people, offering them the opportunity to achieve nationally accredited qualifications and have seen a number of our beneficiaries go on to independent living and paid work placements, some within Rumbles and some elsewhere.
This is a fantastic learning environment with a very nurturing and supportive employer.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain a high level of hygiene and work in a safe manner at all times.
- Prepare and present a range of starters, sandwiches and side dishes.
- Wash, peel and cut a range of vegetables on a daily basis.
- Preparing and cooking Sunday lunch and everyday specials.
- Learn to cook a range of meat, poultry and fish dishes using different cooking methods.
- Learn about food safety.
- Clean down the kitchen after service.
- Assist with receiving of deliveries, putting stock away promptly following stock rotation.
- Work effectively as part of the kitchen team and keep communication with your colleagues.
- Attending fundraising events.
- Provide catering for events.
- May be required to work occasional evenings.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Good time management.
- Genuine interest in becoming a Chef.
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English, 2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 4
Things to consider
About the employer
Rumbles Catering Project
- Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
- An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time.
- As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
- Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
- Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Hospitality > Commis Chef
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Lee Speed 01623 627 191
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017