Apprentice Dental Nurse Birchwood Dental Practice
This is an exciting apprenticeship opportunity to work in a busy dental practice, while gaining a qualification in Dental Nursing.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
16 Jun 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress into an exciting dental career in a busy dental practice which is looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to work alongside the dental team.
Duties will include:
- Assisting in the provision and delivery of dental care to patients
- Reception duties
- Decontamination/sterilising in the surgery
In-house training will be given by an experienced team and the apprenticeship qualification will be provided in the workplace.
The ideal candidate will have grade C’s GCSE (or equivalent) or above in English and Maths. They must be organised, with good communication skills, be computer literate, keen to learn, be of smart and professional appearance at all times and have a positive attitude.
Birchwood Dental Care are looking to recruit a hardworking, reliable and enthusiastic person who wants to develop a career in Dental Nursing.
We are a friendly and well established practice in Hatfield and are looking for someone to join our growing team.
Our ideal candidate would have a professional approach with a mature and hardworking attitude. They would provide excellent patient care and show commitment to their work.
As a Dental Nurse your duties would include:
- Providing chair side assistance to the Dentist
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment
- Sterilisation of instruments
- Mixing materials
- Charting on the computer
- Complying with strict cross infection procedures
- Developing digital x-rays
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials are within the surgery
- Carrying out some reception and administrative tasks
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Keen to learn
- You must be of a smart and professional appearance at all times, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude
- GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English at grade C or above
- Qualifications will be checked before your application is submitted to the employer
- An initial assessment for Maths and English is also required
Things to consider
About the employer
Birchwood Dental Practice
- Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and Maths Level 2
- Health and Safety
- Equality and Diversity
- First Aid at Work
Dental health > Dental Nurse
ANDERSON STOCKLEY ACCREDITED TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Anderson Stockley Accredited Training Ltd
Nathan Richards firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017