Medical Receptionist Apprenticeship - TS DR Haque Nu
Dr Haque's Practice at the Primary Care Centre are recruiting for a Medical Receptionist Apprentice, based at their centre in West Bromwich. This is an exciting opportunity to achieve a Medical Administration apprenticeship qualification whilst working within a busy medical centre.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
12 Oct 2017
16 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The post holder will work in the reception / administration area as part of a team of administration and clerical staff. They will assist the reception team in providing administrative support to the health care team, which will include completing administrative tasks and reception duties.
The post holder will provide general assistance to visitors whilst promoting a positive, professional and friendly image to patients and visitors to the practice.
You will receive on the job training directly from an allocated mentor and three of the highly efficient members of the administration team. You will gain an NVQ Level 2 in Medical Administration.
You will work for the duration of your apprenticeship with Dr Haque's Practice, learning about all aspects of the business and its operations.
You will be required to:
- Welcome clients into the reception area
- Answer the telephone for enquiries / appointment bookings
- Refer enquires to the correct departments
- Communicate and obtain information from other health professionals
- Complete filing and faxing duties
- Retrieve and file patient notes
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Process registration and appointment requests on the clinical system accurately and efficiently
- Complete accurate computer data entry
- Communicate effectively to deal with customers (answering the phone and taking detail and accurate messages)
- Actively participate in regular progress reviews
- Become an active team worker
- Undertake appropriate training as identified relevant to the role
- Develop customer service skills to contribute to the delivery of services to a wide range of clients.
It is important to carry out any other duties required by your supervisor as directed, and to do them with a positive attitude.
You will be expected to adhere to health and safety procedures and general office and reception maintenance at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Motivation and flexibility to learn a range of tasks and skills
- Ability to think ahead and problem solve
- The ability to work quickly and methodically
- Good team working skills
- An awareness of health and safety
- Excellent organisation skills
- Empathic - to clients situations and needs
- Friendly / Approachable personality
- Motivated to learn - ask questions use initiative
- Enthusiastic - able to show that you want to be there and want to learn
- Positive attitude
- Good time keeper
- Maths and English GCSE grade C or level 2 equivalent
- A qualification demonstrating I.T / computing capability desirable but not essential
Things to consider
About the employer
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake and achieve NVQ level 2 in Medical Administration. Functional Skills - maths and English if required.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Rich Nettleton 0121 569 2099
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017