Commis Chef Apprentice The Queens Arms Inn
The Queens arms have an exciting opportunity, so if you’re interested in creating amazing dishes, from the freshest ingredients and serving it to our customers with style and finesse this could be the perfect position for you. We’re on the look out for people with drive, personality, ambition, potential and plenty of spirit.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
30 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As a member of the kitchen team the successful candidate will learn all aspects of working within a busy kitchen under the supervision of the Head Chef.
You will be required to cook and prepare as per company requirements while maintaining high standards of cleanliness in all of the areas of the kitchen.
You will be trained in cooking, stock management, and all other aspects of running a complex kitchen in a challenging environment.
We cook everything from scratch using fresh locally sourced ingredients.
Key Responsibilities of the Role include:
- Preparing and cooking our menu to a high standard as per Company specification.
- Maintaining food hygiene and health & safety standards at all times
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining the correct storage of food
- Maintaining a clean and safe kitchen environment
The successful candidate will have a genuine passion to become a chef and will want to grow and learn all aspects of the industry.
Requirements and prospects
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise conflicting work demands
- Previous kitchen experience desired but not essential
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about food and the industry
- Have great attention to detail
- Be hard working and self-motivated
- Be confident and eager to learn new skills
- Have good interpersonal/communication skills
- Be reliable, responsible and honest
- Be energetic and highly motivated to succeed
- Ability to use own initiative.
Grade A- C GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
During this Apprenticeship you will need to demonstrate skills, knowledge and behaviour in the following areas:
- Culinary concepts
- Food Safety
Towards the end of your completion, you will have an end point assessment to clarify your result and to sign off your chosen units for a Commis Chef Standard.
Maths and English Functional Skills (if required)
Hospitality > Commis Chef
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Caroline Helyar 01935 845399 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017