Technical Support Apprentice - 11761 BRISTOL IT COMPANY LTD
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an exciting and vibrant company. Apply now and don't delay!
Closing date: 30 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Dec 2017
15 Jun 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
This would be an ideal role for someone who has completed a Level 3 Apprenticeship and wants to progress in a fast paced technical support environment. You will be providing first/second line support to clients across the UK with site visits likely as well. An excellent opportunity to get your hands dirty and learn some real IT skills.
Responsibilities of the Technical Support Apprentice:
- To be able to undertake basic troubleshooting as directed by the IT Support Team or in response to a request for assistance from customers
- Technical aptitude – the ability to learn new technologies quickly (full training will be provided where required)
- To have basic computer operations, fault analysis and repair skills
- Knowledge and experience of Windows Operating Systems - Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Windows Office Packages (2010, 2013, 2016)
- Basic Windows Networking - setting DHCP, setting static IP etc.
Requirements and prospects
Requirements of the Technical Support Apprentice:
- Strong communication skills (specifically over the phone and in person), with clients as well as staff.
- To be able to research independently when needed to if a case is more difficult to complete before escalating to another member of the team.
- The ability to work in an organised manner, under pressure and methodically, with a good attention to detail - organisation and attention to details are very important.
- To be able to work as part of the team
- To have the ability to work to deadlines
- To have an ongoing commitment to progress within the company
- Flexibility - the ability to work around normal working hours, and do out of hours work if necessary
An enthusiastic and professional attitude and commitment to learning new skills.
Someone with ideally 5 GCSE grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
Things to consider
About the employer
BRISTOL IT COMPANY LTD
- Advanced Apprenticeship Infrastructure Technician Level 3 (equivalent to A-level educational level)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Networking Fundamentals
- MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals
- MTA Cloud Fundamentals
- Choice of two Microsoft MOC on Demand courses (one in part 1 and one in part 2)
- Higher Apprenticeship Network Engineer Level 4 (equivalent to first year of degree study)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) – Administering and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by QA Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2017