Oasis Academy Short Heath is keen to develop a pro-active Teaching Assistant Apprentice with a ‘can do’ mature approach to working with our students and other adults within our academy community. Your key role will be to provide support to our students to ensure that they are able to access high quality learning.
Teaching Assistant Apprentice
OASIS COMMUNITY LEARNING
Closing date: 10 Jul 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Full time, 37 Hours a Week (to include holiday provision) Monday to Friday 8 30 start.
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
14 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To contribute to the learning provision for students.
- To contribute to the promotion of the well-being of students within the Academy whilst also participating in off-site activities.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children with whom you come into contact.
Support for students
- Support student learning in lessons
- To support and encourage positive behaviour
- Accompany students on off-site activities, with regard for their safety and enjoyment
- To assist with marking student homework as directed by the class teacher
SUPPORT FOR STAFF
- Support individual students/groups of students in lessons as directed
- Support staff in supervision during unstructured time
- Support supervision of students in off-site activities
- Promote good student behaviour
- Support with routine administrative tasks as required e.g. photocopying, filing
SUPPORT FOR THE ACADEMY
- Be aware of and comply with policies relating to child protection, health & safety, confidentiality, safeguarding and data protection, reporting all concerns to the nominated person.
- Contribute to the overall work, smooth running and ethos of the Academy.
- Appreciate and support the role of other people in the team.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Accompany teaching staff and students on visits, trips and out-of-school activities as required and take responsibility for a group under the supervision of a teacher.
Requirements and prospects
- Willingness to learn
- Build relationships with School staff and Pupils
- Have a can do attitude
- Good Timekeeping
- Hard working and flexible
A-C in English and Maths Preferrred but not essential
There can be no guarantee of future employment but it is hoped that a position can be found.
Things to consider
DBS Check required.
About the employer
Oasis Academy Short Heath is a primary school in Erdington, Birmingham serving a diverse community. Oasis Academy Short Heath is an inclusive academy for children aged between 3 and 11 years old, committed to delivering first class-education and playing an active role in the local community.
NVQ level 2 in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Functional Skills in Maths and English
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Riv Monsell 07841 604 085 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Jul 2017