To support the school by providing a technician support service in the PE Department to all staff and students, meeting health and safety standards and the requirements of classes involved.
PE Schools Sports Apprentice
STOWE VALLEY MULTI ACADEMY TRUST
Closing date: 06 Jul 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Term time only + 5 Inset Days – 37 hours per week Hours: 8.30am to 4.30 pm (4.00 pm on Friday) ½ hour unpaid lunch
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
14 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The current main areas of responsibility are as follows but all staff within school are expected to show flexibility in the reviewing of responsibilities to meet the school’s needs, which may change from time to time.
- Assist with preparation of resources for lessons ensuring the PE facilities are available as required for students learning
- Provide lesson support in the department under the direction of Line Manager and assist teaching staff with student supervision during practical work
- Provide technical support and assistance where needed to teachers and students. Demonstrate, support and supervise students in the setting up and safe use of equipment.
- Provide support to the department with extra-curricular activities as required
- Assist the Head of PE in the setting of materials and equipment in the event of staff absences
- To ensure the maintenance of a healthy and safe working environment by:
- Maintaining a clean, safe and orderly working environment
- Being responsible for the H & S in storing equipment safely
Requirements and prospects
- Willing and able to complete all learning and assessment requirements of the relevant framework
- Able to establish good working relationships with staff, pupil’s parents and outside agencies
- Team player
- Good time management
C Grades Or Equivalent or above preferred but not essential in English and Maths
It is hoped but not guaranteed that on successful completion of your apprenticeship that an offer of either a full time employment or progression in your apprenticeship will be offered.
Things to consider
DBS check will be required
About the employer
Southam College is an 11-18 school set in the heart of rural Warwickshire with 1643 students on roll, 298 of who are in the Sixth Form. As a result of our strong reputation, based upon outstanding achievement, wide ranging extracurricular opportunities and an ethos of support and care, the school continues to be oversubscribed. Our last Ofsted report (March 2014) graded the school as outstanding, building upon the outstanding report of 2011. We have used this accolade to spur us on to reaching even higher standards in everything that we do. This is inclusive of raising student achievement, providing a wider range of memorable experience and developing the quality of learning and teaching. In addition, we have continued to improve our facilities with the building of a new Science block and state of the art Music block.
- NVQ level 2 In Activity Leadership.
- Functional skills in Maths and English.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Riv Monsell 07841 604085 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Jul 2017