Apprentice Receptionist Administrator Rother House Medical Centre
To assist the practice team by working within the Reception and Admin department of a busy GP Surgery based in Stratford-upon-Avon.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
15 Oct 2017
13 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
There is a vacancy for an Apprentice Receptionist at the Medical Practice in Stratford upon Avon. This vacancy is to join other health care professionals who deliver vital services to patients who are on the journey of improving or maintaining their health. You will need to demonstrate a positive and professional impression of yourself and the GP Practice by delivering customer service to patients and customer alike. If you want to start a rewarding career then this job is for you!
- Managing patient requests in person, on the phone and via written communication.
- Booking, amending, rescheduling and cancelling patient appointments.
- Distributing prescriptions.
- Action patient care follow-up arrangements as per clinicians instructions.
- Advising patients of chargeable services and processing payments.
- Providing patients with information about the Practice Services.
- General housekeeping of reception and waiting areas.
- Arranging transport and home visits.
- Managing medical records recording patient contracts, attaching correspondence electronically and in hard copy and filing in correct order.
- Maintaining and updating the practice patient database.
- Ensuring confidentiality and data protection is observed at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Task driven
- Attention to detail
- Hard working
- Articulate and willing to work in a team
- Personal motivation
GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent are desired but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
Rother House Medical Centre
- At level 2 City & Guilds Diploma In Customer Service Practitioner
- Level 1 / 2 Functional Skills in Math, English
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- End Point Assessment
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
LIGA (UK) LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LIGA (UK) LTD
Helena Jacinto 0845 177 1880
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2017