Laboratory Apprentice TENNANTS TEXTILE COLOURS LIMITED
We are looking for a hard working apprentice, focused indivdual to provide laboratory and administraton support at their busy new Oldham site.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
14 Jun 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
This is a career path opportunity for the right candidate to become part of a very friendly and supportive company who value their staff and really make every effort to make their members feel valued. This will be a great start for someone looking to learn skills in a business and professional environment.
Tennants Textile Colours Ltd , are looking for a hardworking, focused individual with a positive work ethic to provide administrative support to ensure the smooth running and efficiency of the laboratory, supporting other production functions as necessary. Based in Oldbury the candidate must be able to make their own daily travel arrangements. Below is an outline of some of the main duties.
- Quality Control of site manufactured products.
- Development of new products to customer specifications.
- Evaluating raw materials.
- To maintain and update internal quality control system.
- To communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with Customers and Suppliers at all levels as well as with your peers.
- To work proactively in order to deliver outstanding Customer Services.
- To provide support to colleagues, customers and other business partners in accordance with agreed service levels.
- General admin duties as required.
- Dealing with discrepancies/non conformance issues.
- Dealing with emails, both internally and externally.
- Liaising with other depots.
The apprentice will work in the laboratory department and support with all general admin tasks to the department. This will include requests from internal colleagues and external customers.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicatio skills
- Organisational skills
- Experience in working in an office/laboratory environment (desirable)
- Good IT skills
- Interest in science
- Attention to detail
- Be able to follow instructions and guidelines
- Team player
- GCSE English and Maths A-C minimum or equivalen
- Sciene qualification
Things to consider
About the employer
On the job Training will be delivered by the employer. Apprenticeship training will be delivered by New College and will consist of the following elements:
- Level 3 Diploma in Laboratory Technical Skills
- Level 3 Certificate in Laboratory Technical Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Functonal Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (where applicable)
Laboratory and Science Technicians
NEW COLLEGE SWINDON
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College
Erica Hulbert 01793 732883 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017