Support Worker Apprentice (Health and Social Care) Q Care Ltd
To provide all services required to ensure that client can live safely and independently in their own home within their community. Assistance required will depend on each individual. Duties will involve all personal care services plus night-sitting, medication management and tasks such as meal prep, cleaning, laundry, shopping and social escorts.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
29 Sep 2017
12 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To promote and deliver all the services required to ensure that a service user can live safely and independently in their own home within their local community. Level of assistance provided will depend on each individual and their requirements. Duties will involve personal care services including dressing, undressing, bathing, showering, toilet assistance, oral hygiene, night-sitting and medication management. Further services include domestic tasks such as meal preparation, cleaning, laundry, shopping and social escorts.
In addition Support Workers will rely on their ability to listen and reassure service users, encourage and motivate them to achieve their maximum capabilities and offer emotional support when required.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To provide personal care and/or carry out domestic tasks for service users in line with care plans.
- To regard all service users as individuals when maintaining standards of health and cleanliness.
- To carry out all tasks in such a way that maintains the service user’s independence and dignity, having regard for their chosen lifestyle, and respect and care for all their property.
- To encourage and enable service users to participate in activities when appropriate.
- To promote effective communication and relationships.
- To contribute to the ongoing support of service users and others significant to them.
- To ensure that appropriate Q Care staff are informed of any changes in a service user’s circumstances.
- To protect the rights and promote the interests of service users.
- To establish and maintain the trust and confidence of service users.
- To promote the independence of service users while protecting them as far as possible from danger or harm.
- To respect the rights of service users while seeking to ensure that their behaviour does not harm themselves or other people.
- To be accountable for the quality of care and support provided and maintain and improve own knowledge and skills.
- To carry out other duties as directed by line manager.
Additional role requirements:
- To travel throughout the Branch Office region to provide personal care and/or carry out domestic tasks for service users in line with care plans.
- Support Workers using a vehicle in the course of their duties are required to have insurance covering the vehicle for business use.
- You are required to log in and out of each call via the method which your branch uses (E.M.S etc) for payments of hourly rate and mileage. If you do not log in and out you will not receive payment of hourly rate or mileage.
- You are expected to stay the full duration of each call and may be paid minute by minute or ‘bandings’ as per your Branch contractual requirements.
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to work efficiently
- The ability to speak effectively
- The ability to listen to others
- The ability to build relationship
- The ability to value diversity
- TheThe ability to act with integrity
- The ability to focus on customer needs
- The ability to commit to quality
- The ability to demonstrate adaptability
- The ability to develop oneself
- Caring & Compassionate
- Talks easily to people and a good listener
- Always prepared to go the extra mile to help others
- Able to work unsupervised.
Q Care will employ staff with little or no social care background – we will provide full training. You must, however, be a kind, caring and compassionate person.
Maths and English GCSE Grade C or equivalent, ie functional skills level 2
Things to consider
About the employer
Additional location information
On the job training by employer plus support and guidance from an industry qualified tutor/assessor/training advisor from Bracknell and Wokingham College to achieve and NVQ/BTEC Level 2 in Health and Social Care
Healthcare > Healthcare Support Worker
BRACKNELL AND WOKINGHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bracknell & Wokingham College
Maria Cumming 01344 766666 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017