We have an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to support our Communications department which consists of the Digital, Marketing, Press and Design teams. The apprentice would be expected to show initiative for their assigned responsibilities under the supervision of a qualified senior colleague.
Digital Content Apprentice
Shakespeares Globe Trust
Closing date: 03 Jul 2017
Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm with occasional weekend and evening work.
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
13 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Create content for Shakespeare’s Globe’s social media channels and website to support the promotion of our live events
- Identify internal stories and opportunities for exciting content that would be of interest to the Globe’s diverse audiences
- Work with other departments, including Theatre and Education, to plan and produce video and audio content
- Record and edit film and audio for trailers, audience reaction films and behind the scenes mini-docs
- Create entertaining GIFs from archive footage
- Work with external film makers to help support video production
- Maintain a high level of design consistency and accuracy of information across all digital platforms
- Ensure that digital content is accessible, including via the provision of subtitles and captions as needed
- Manage the Digital email inbox
- Assist in providing administrative support e.g. responding to online enquiries and uploading customer data to relevant databases
- Assist in supporting live events through the creation of supplementary content using services such as Facebook Live
- Processing invoices
- Keep up to date with information, training and development opportunities
- Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time that reasonably fall within the scope of the role
- Ensure the health and safety of self and others in accordance with SGT policies
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equal opportunities throughout all Shakespeare’s Globe Activities
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good IT skills – able to use Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative Cloud e.g. Photoshop or After Effects
- A fast learner who displays initiative, energy and creativity
- Interest in film production or a related field
- Interest in the arts or live events
- A cheerful and optimistic attitude to work
- The drive and determination to ‘make things happen’
- Ability to build relationships and rapport with staff and clients
- A good team player
GCSEs A* to C in maths & English or equivalent qualifications.
A successful apprentice could be offered a progression opportunity within our partner and peer organisations within the creative and cultural sector in London and nationally.
Things to consider
The apprentice would be required to attend college once a week on day release to study towards an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Live Events & Promotion. The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
Shakespeare’ Globe Trust is an Arts and Education Charity established in 1997 on London’s Bankside. Our work includes The Globe Theatre, Sam Wanamaker Playhouse, Globe Education Department and our very popular Exhibition and Tour and offers a unique opportunity to develop skills and a career within the Creative, Cultural and Visitor Attraction sectors.
- Level 2 Supporting Live Events
- Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities
Live Events and Promotion
LEWISHAM SOUTHWARK COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lewisham College
Gwen Charles 020 3757 3994 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Jul 2017