We have an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to undertake a range of duties and learning opportunities supporting our Theatre department. The apprentice would be expected to show initiative for their assigned responsibilities under the direct supervision of a qualified senior colleague within this unique organisation.
Live Events Apprentice
Shakespeares Globe Trust
Closing date: 03 Jul 2017
Monday to Friday - 10am to 6pm with occasional weekend and evening work.
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
12 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful person will support the theatre departments busy production and administration teams and be involved in a broad range of tasks. This will include observing, learning and providing support during busy seasonal periods such as the beginning of rehearsal, filming periods, technical rehearsals and tours.
The aim of the apprenticeship is for the successful candidate to provide valuable administrative and practical support to the theatre department. In return they will learn how a theatre operates, seeing the process from casting, contracting, through rehearsals, to fit-up and opening night.
- Shadow and support individual members of the theatre department when required; in particular to the Company Manager at the beginning of the rehearsal process or during technical rehearsals.
- Be part of the team lending organisational support to seasonal events such as first previews and press night parties.
- Learn how to respond to general emails and telephone enquiries.
- Spend time with different departments such as casting, music, production, stage management, administration and tour marketing to learn how best to support them.
- Gain experience with the production teams including ordering samples and materials, and organising logistics.
- Where appropriate attend meetings regarding specific productions or overall running of The Globe.
- Where possible, we will provide other opportunities dependent on the successful applicant’s strengths and interests.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Good IT skills – able to use Microsoft Office suite.
- Able to work of own initiative.
- A cheerful and optimistic attitude to work.
- The drive and determination to ‘make things happen’.
- Ability to build relationships and rapport with staff and clients.
- A good team player.
- A genuine interest in live performance and theatre.
- GCSEs A* - C in maths & English or equivalent qualifications.
A successful apprentice could be offered a progression opportunity within our partner and peer organisations within the creative and cultural sector in London and nationally.
Things to consider
The apprentice would be required to attend college once a week on day release to study towards an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Live Events & Promotions.
About the employer
Shakespeare’ Globe Trust is an Arts and Education Charity established in 1997 on London’s Bankside. Our work includes The Globe Theatre, Sam Wanamaker Playhouse, Globe Education Department and our very popular Exhibition and Tour and offers a unique opportunity to develop skills and a career within the Creative, Cultural and Visitor Attraction sectors.
- Level 2 Supporting Live Events.
- Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT.
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills.
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities.
Live Events and Promotion
LEWISHAM SOUTHWARK COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lewisham College
Gwen Charles 020 3757 3994 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Jul 2017