We have an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to undertake a range of duties supporting our Visitor Experience Department which consists of Front of House, Volunteer Stewards, Exhibition and Tour, Stage Door, Welcome Desk and Security. The apprentice would be expected to show initiative whilst working with a qualified senior colleague.
Visitor Experience Apprentice
Shakespeares Globe Trust
Closing date: 03 Jul 2017
Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm with occasional weekend and evening work.
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
12 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The Visitor Experience Apprentice will work across two teams within the Visitor Experience department: Front of House and Exhibition. These teams work in a fast-paced visitor focused environment to support performances, events and tours 7 days a week.
The first two weeks of the apprenticeship will involve an induction to all Visitor Experience teams and a settling in period.
- Meet, greet and welcome visitors to the exhibition.
- Develop customer care skills, manage ticket sales on the desk and ensure visitors have an exceptional visit to our exhibition and tour.
- Assemble the Guided tours and liaise with Tour Guides to ensure the smooth running of the Exhibition and tours.
- Issue the audio guides to all customers coming in to the Exhibition,
- Have a working knowledge of the audio guide’s content and to assist the Exhibition Duty Managers in maintaining them.
- To assist the Exhibition Duty Managers in the distribution and return of the headsets used for theatre tours.
- To schedule exhibition activities and generate an audience for them from within the exhibition space.
- To ensure that the Exhibition area(s) are clean and well presented at all times, reporting faulty equipment to the Exhibition Duty Manager and Exhibition Administrator for repair. Checking before opening and completing regular checks throughout the day.
Welcome Desk and Stage Door:
- To work on both the Welcome Desk and at Stage door to provide a knowledgeable welcome for all visitors to the site
Front of House
- The Visitor Experience Apprentice will shadow our volunteer stewards to get a good understanding of this voluntary front facing role.
- The Visitor Experience Apprentice will shadow our Volunteer Coordinators and Duty Managers to get a good understanding of their roles and how they contribute to the smooth running of the team and the events we support.
- The Visitor Experience Apprentice will assist with administrative tasks within the Front of House team.
- Assist in the day to day management of the online booking system
- To support and run daily communication contact with our Steward team, and to maintain and update records and files including our confidential database
- To assist with the planning of Volunteer Open Days, informal interviews, and Welcome Inductions for new Stewards.
- To undertake a one day first aid course.
- The Visitor Experience Apprentice will have the chance to shadow the security team.
- The Visitor Experience Apprentice will undertake a 1 day first aid course.
- The Visitor Experience Apprentice will have the opportunity to attend volunteer coordinator training with Community Southwark.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Good IT skills – able to use Microsoft Office suite.
- Able to work of own initiative.
- An enthusiasm for working with the public and an aptitude for understanding customer needs.
- A cheerful and optimistic attitude to work.
- The drive and determination to ‘make things happen’.
- Able to build relationships and rapport with staff and clients.
- A good team player.
- GCSEs A* to C in maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
A successful apprentice could be offered a progression opportunity within our partner and peer organisations within the creative and cultural sector in London and nationally.
Things to consider
The apprentice would be required to attend college once a week on day release to study towards an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Cultural Venue Operations.
About the employer
Shakespeare’ Globe Trust is an Arts and Education Charity established in 1997 on London’s Bankside. Our work includes The Globe Theatre, Sam Wanamaker Playhouse, Globe Education Department and our very popular Exhibition and Tour and offers a unique opportunity to develop skills and a career within the Creative, Cultural and Visitor Attraction sectors.
- Level 2 Cultural & Heritage Venue Operations.
- Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT.
- Personal Learning & Thinking.
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities.
Cultural and Heritage Venue operations
LEWISHAM SOUTHWARK COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lewisham College
Gwen Charles 020 3757 3994 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Jul 2017