Apprentice Hairdresser Jayne Squire
Hairology is a new and exciting salon offering hair and beauty treatments. They are looking for someone enthusiastic with a real passion for hairdressing to become their new Apprentice. You will receive full training and support with the end goal of becoming a qualified stylist.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
09 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Learning proper techniques for colour removal
- Assisting qualified stylists with hair foils and perms
- Maintaining a professional approach and good communication skills with customers and colleagues
- Providing reception duties, greeting clients, answering the telephone, making appointments.
- Learning how to shampoo hair in preparation for the stylist
- Working well as a member of the team with a desire to learn, supported by a qualified stylist
- Working towards styling and blow drying hair correctly
- Maintaining Salon cleanliness with some laundry duties
- Observing and learning different cutting and styling techniques.
- Replenishing stock and making sure the salon is presented in the best way possible
As an Apprentice the majority of your learning will take place within the workplace. You will also be required to attend one college release day each week at The Grimsby Institute.
Requirements and prospects
- Must enjoy speaking to customer and have excellent communication skills
- Commitment and dedication
- Good work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Genuine interest in having a career in the hair industry
- Well presented
GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Standard Hair Professional
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (if applicable)
Hair and Beauty > Hair Professional
GRIMSBY INSTITUTE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Grimsby Institute of Further & Higher Education
Paula Brown 01472 311222 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017