Apprentice Office Administrator UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM
Working on a range of projects; plan, manage and promote numerous events, uploading web content, developing news articles and using social media.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 36.25
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
09 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Assist the directorate, including covering for the team members, to ensure that the department receives efficient admin support. These duties include:
- Monitoring conference attendances and organising payment
- Organising UK rail travel for REGS staff
- Raising works requests for minor works within the office
- Collating publications and printed materials for external visitors
- Maintaining the department distribution lists
- Organising courier services
- Raising purchase orders and payment of invoices
- Managing the department email account and enquiry line
- Supporting REGS staff and other University staff with external and internal facing events - this role will include finding venues, identifying target audiences, managing registrations, liaising with speakers and other suppliers, managing exhibitors.
- In addition, you will be expected to help to promote the events using a variety of online and traditional techniques such as email marketing, leaflets/posters and advertising.
- Updating the Research, Enterprise & Graduate Services and Services for Business websites and internal workspace
- Using Social Media to promote news of interest to businesses and other key stakeholders.
- Logging, circulating and filing press cuttings (online and hard copy) to the department’s staff.
- Any other duties relevant to the role.
Taken by post holder:-
- All office administration
- Placing orders and using the University Purchasing card for ‘one stuff’ transactions
- Amend orders to rectify any problems, pass invoices and reduce future queries and financial housekeeping
- Develop and maintain databases and spreadsheets to match data and reporting required
- Prepare and prioritise work activities
- Ensure order information is correct
Taken in collaboration with others:-
- Amendments to orders in collaboration with senior staff and suppliers
- Some invoice queries if additional information required
- Tweets promoting business engagement evets and other items of interest to a business audience
Referred to the appropriate line manager by the role holder:-
- Approval of purchase orders
- Approval of credit card transactions
- Final decisions regarding event venues, expenditure and speakers. Content of the Knowledge Exchange newsletter, content for website, press releases and case studies, and copy for promotional materials
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and oral communication skills
- IT knowledge e.g. using Microsoft packages
- Evidence of customer relations skills
- Knowledge of basic office procedures
Ability to plan own work activities in response to differing needs of the department and deadlines.
- Educated to GCSE (or equivalent) level, to include English and Mathematics grade C or above
- Other relevant administration qualifications
Things to consider
About the employer
UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship.
Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Business and Administration
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Rachel Gould 01623 627191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017