Kitchen Apprentice Manchester Central Complex Ltd
Manchester Central is an award-winning venue in the heart of one of Europe's most vibrant cities. We are looking for an apprentice with a strong desire to learn about the catering industry and a flexible “can do” approach. The candidate will learn and implement the food production procedures and food policies reporting into the Executive Sous Chef.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
09 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include:
- Work as part of the kitchen team in executing allocated dishes to a required standard.
- Work in a clean and tidy manner.
- Maintain a positive and proactive attitude.
- Comply with our health and safety policy in working correctly and hygienically.
- Work in a clean & tidy manner.
- Assist the senior chef in preparing the meals for that day.
- Learn knife skills and how to use equipment safely.
Requirements and prospects
- Has a strong desire to learn about the catering industry
- Willing to work towards the relevant apprenticeship qualification
- Display a flexible ‘can do’ approach and be open to new ideas, understand the need for change and be willing to adapt
- Has a flexible approach to working hours as required by the business
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to meet the requirements of the post
- Previous experience of working within the catering and hospitality industry is desirable but not essential
- One Team approach
GCSE Grade D or above in English and Maths or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Manchester Central Complex Ltd
NVQ, Functional Skills, Employment Rights, Technical Certificate
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Trafford College
Katrina O'Brien 0161 886 7461 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2017