IT Support Apprentice BTL Group Ltd
Estio Training have an exciting opportunity for an IT support apprentice role within BTL, based in Shipley.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017
£9,000.00 - £12,000.00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
24 Oct 2017
08 Jun 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Specification of, construction, installation and day to day maintenance of workstations for use by BTL employees in their varied roles e.g. development, admin etc.
- Maintenance of office IT infrastructure including printers, wireless network devices, wired network devices, computer peripherals and display equipment.
- Specification of, construction, installation and day-to-day maintenance of server hardware, applications and operating systems.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of networking infrastructure.
- General IT support to the business in terms of providing requested resources, troubleshooting, repair and setup of IT equipment.
- Administration of IT services to the business, including but not limited to Active Directory, Webservers, Office 365, Windows Azure, VOIP, Source Control, administration and management applications.
- Desktop support of BTL standard business applications e.g. Microsoft Office, Skype. This will include face-to-face training and assistance where appropriate.
- Support of ISO9001, ISO27001 and other standards as applicable to BTL.
- Maintenance of a high level of reliability, accessibility and security of all BTL IT systems.
- Monitoring and reporting of performance levels and taking corrective actions within authorised areas / systems.
- Ensuring that accurate procedures for backup archive and recovery and general system maintenance are in place.
- Evaluation of new equipment / software and provision of advice / costing to the business.
Requirements and prospects
- Communicate with and support colleagues, customers, and suppliers in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of standard applicable computing disciplines including change, configuration, problem, performance, and operational management.
- A passion for IT and Technology and a willingness to learn.
- Being Enthusiastic, Confident, Positive and Proactive is a must.
- Pleasant and friendly manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ambitious with an appetite to learn.
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
BTL Group Ltd
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals and & Customer Service Skills
- Business Processes & Network Fundamentals
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
- Networking and Architecture
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Alex Christodoulou 01133500333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017