IT Technician The Rodillian Academy
Estio Training have an exciting opportunity for an IT Technician at The Rodillian Academy based in the Wakefield area.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
24 Oct 2017
08 Jun 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Ensure delivery of high quality ICT services across a multi-site network of schools and academies.
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation and polices for all IT Services.
- Perform regular monitoring and maintenance of all IT Services and solutions.
- Be innovative in driving forward the objectives of The Rodillian Academy, partner schools and academies through the use of IT technology, services and solutions in multiple locations.
- Monitor and maintain support calls.
- Troubleshooting user problems and providing assistance.
- Support all staff in the use of IT Services and provide MIS support.
- Support pupils and all members of the school community in their use of ICT.
- Monitor and maintain maintenance schedules and safety checks.
- Ensure all network services are up and running.
- Workstation management - hardware, software, peripherals and input/output devices.
- Network Infrastructure Management - active network components, data cabling, data ports, network communications and telephone support.
- Maintain the IT inventory.
- Ensure consumables are sourced and that stock does not run below the minimum requirements.
- Ensure all IT Services are kept in good working order.
- Undertake project work to a pre-defined brief and produce documentation when required.
- Follow a methodical and structured model in troubleshooting problems.
- Ensure all ICT equipment within their control is kept secure and safe.
- Ensure all school data is kept secure and integrity maintained.
- Ensure regular security checks of systems and processes.
- Contribute to the development of the schools “ e-resources”.
- Maintain up to date inventories of hardware & software; security marking and labeling of equipment.
- Undertake research and development of new technologies.
- Implement regular reviews of age and condition of hardware and upgrading/improving when necessary.
- Implement regular reviews of current Operating Systems and applications and upgrading/improving when necessary.
- Forward planning for new developments.
Requirements and prospects
- Work closely and effectively with all key stakeholders.
- Take personal responsibility for making things happen.
- Review own work and procedures and improve when necessary.
- Use own initiative to identify work and problems.
- Communicate effectively – All mediums.
- Dress appropriately in relation to school norms.
- Maintain a professional attitude and image at all times.
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
The Rodillian Academy
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals and & Customer Service Skills
- Business Processes & Network Fundamentals
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
- Networking and Architecture
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Alex Christodoulou 01133500333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017