Nursery Assistant Apprentice Southchurch Park United Reformed Church
To work with children aged 2-4 years as part of a small team, where you will be assisting with planning of the curriculum, helping set up and to help tidy away at start and end of session and acting as a keyworker to a small group of children.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
15 Oct 2017
09 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Working with children aged 2-4 years
- Working as part of a small team
- Assisting with planning of the curriculum
- Helping set up and to help tidy away at start and end of session
- To act as a keyworker to a small group of children
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation
- Completing all relevant paperwork in regards to the children, follow policies and procedures set out by the pre-school
- Plan activities with the support of others
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Excellent time keeping skills
- Good level of maths and English - ideally level 2 or GCSE A-C
- Level 2 in Childcare or willingness to train further
- Must ensure confidentiality at all times
- Be able to follow safeguarding policies and procedures
- Be calm and patience
- Able to work on own initiative
- You must have a good level of English, maths and ICT
Things to consider
About the employer
Southchurch Park United Reformed Church
You will be trained by Southend Adult Community College who is rated as an outstanding vocational training provider. You will also receive excellent training and experience in the workplace. You will need to be dedicated and committed to your study and be responsible for your own learning.
- Diploma/Certificate in Childcare
- Functional Skills in English, Maths & ICT – Level 1/2
- ERR (Employee Right and Responsibilities)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Children and Young People's Workforce
SOUTHEND-ON-SEA BOROUGH COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Southend Adult Community College
Caroline Fairman 01702 445736 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017