Fish and Seafood Production Apprentice MY FISH COMPANY LIMITED
As a wholesale fish and seafood supplier, we supply a number of independent hotels and restaurants in the North West as well as a local retailer. The successful candidate will begin working towards a FDQ Level 2 Award - Proficiency in Fish and Shellfish Industry Skills.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
£149.85 - £260.85
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
08 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Your training will cover:
- Product recognition – different types of fish and shellfish
- Correct booking in procedures for stock maintenance
- Storage and handling procedures
- Stock rotation and labelling
- Grading fish
- Filleting and gutting fish by hand
- Picking, packaging and distribution
- Quality control and Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP procedures)
Requirements and prospects
- The fish and shellfish processing sector have high-quality preparation and food handling skills.
- Hand eye coordination and a willingness to learn are crucial.
- Everyone must demonstrate impeccable food hygiene standards.
- All skills will be taught during training and at college placement.
- Working in a close knit team, team work skills are essential.
- A willingness to learn new skills and rise to the challenges of a food production environment will benefit both your learning and the team you work with.
- Good communication skills are key to ensure the team can be successful together.
- Time management skills and punctuality are essential.
- Candidates must be conscientious and hardworking with a positive attitude and demonstrate a willingness to maintain the high standards of safety and hygiene required in food production.
- An ability to work under pressure at busy times and work on your own initiative when the need arises.
- 4 GCSE’s at grades A*- D including Maths and English (or equivalent).
- You must achieve at least a Level 1 on the Initial Assessment that is completed during an Apprenticeship Selection at College.
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Level 2 in Fish and Shellfish.
- Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths and English.
Food and Drink
BLACKPOOL AND THE FYLDE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Blackpool & The Fylde College
Deborah Kelly email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017