Apprentice Commis Chef The French Kitchen
Award winners, The French Kitchen are on the lookout for people with drive, personality, ambition, potential & plenty of motivation to join their rapidly expanding business. If you're interested in creating amazing dishes, from the freshest local ingredients & serving it with style & finesse this could be the perfect position for you.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
13 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As a member of the kitchen team the successful candidate will learn all aspects of woriknig within a busy kitchen under the supervision of award winning Head Chef Laurent Courtois. You will be required to cook and prepare as per company requirements while maintaing high standards of cleanliness in all of the areas of the kitchen. You will be trained in cooking, stock management and all other aspects of running a complex kitchen in a challenging envirornment. We cook everything from scratch using fresh locally sourced ingredients.
Key responsiblitites of the Role include:-
- Preparing and cooking our menu to a high standard as per Company specification
- Maintaining food hygiene and health & safety standards at all times
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining the correct storage of food
- Maintaining a clean and safe kitchen environment
The successful candidate will have a genuine passion to become a chef and will want to grow and learn all aspects of the industry.
You will also be working along side Events Manager Ben Humber in this varied roll which caters for anything from a wedding for 180 to a private dinner party of 6.
The successful candidate will not work split shifts and will only be working 1 or 2 nights a week,
Requirements and prospects
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Time keeping
- Be passionate about the food industry
- Have a great atttention to detail
- Be hard working and self motivated
- Be confident and eager to learn new skills
- Have good interpersonal/communciation skills
- Be reliable, responsible and honest
- Be energetic and highly motivated to succeed
- Ability to use own initiative.
Grade A-C GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
Things to consider
About the employer
The French Kitchen
During this Apprenticeshp you will need to demonstrate skills, knowledge and behaviour in the following areas:-
- Culinary concepts
- Food Safety
Towards the end of your completion, you will have an end point assessent to clarify your results and to sign off your chosen units for a Commis Chef Standard
Hospitality > Commis Chef
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Charlotte Gardiner 01935 845418 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017