Apprentice Hairdresser Mode
This is an ideal opportunity for an aspiring hairdresser to work at our popular salon in Garston village. Working with experienced stylists the business needs someone who has a passion to succeed and qualify as a hairdresser/stylist.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
26 Oct 2017
07 Jun 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for an apprentice with some experience and who, preferably, is already Level 2 qualified.
This is an ideal opportunity for an aspiring hairdresser to work at our popular salon in Garston village. Working with experienced stylists the business needs someone who has a passion to succeed and qualify as a hairdresser/stylist. Your role will also involve attending The City of Liverpool College for one day per week (term-time) to achieve your Level 3 in Hairdressing.
As a Level 3 apprentice you will be working towards delivering the following functions:
• Provide hairdressing consultation services
• Creatively cutting hair using a combination of techniques
• Promote additional services or products to customers
• Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
• Colour hair using a variety of techniques
• Provide colour correction services
• Creatively style and dress hair
You will also help with the following tasks:
• shampooing and conditioning
• advising on minor hair and scalp problems
• making appointments and handling payments
• ordering materials
• Making sure that hair products containing chemicals are used and stored correctly
• Mixing tints and applying them
• Starting/Finishing blow dry’s etc
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- A friendly and welcoming manner
- A passion for hairdressing
- the ability to make clients feel relaxed
- the ability to explain procedures clearly to clients
Positive attitude, work well in a team, outgoing personality.
Ideally a minimum of GCSE grades A-C but a Level 1 in English and Maths Functional Skills (or equivalent qualifications) are essential. A real passion for hairdressing is the key to this role.
The salon will consider applications from candidates who are part-way through a Level 2 qualification.
Things to consider
About the employer
The Hairdressing Level 3 apprenticeship involves attending College one day per week (term-time only, near Duke Street) ) to gain the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hair and Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths. IF GCSEs are already held then the apprentice will not need the Functional Skills.
The apprentice will also have workplace visits every 8 weeks for workplace assessment.
Liverpool Community College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The City of Liverpool College
Nikki Smith 0151 252 3163 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017