Horticulture / Grounds Maintenance Apprenticeship - Level 2 Twiggs Landscaping and Maintenence
Working as a Horticulture Apprentice with this Barnsley based grounds maintenance business.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
08 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The business carries out contract work in the Barnsley area, including work for schools, as well as private/domestic properties.
Duties will include:
- Grass cutting & edging
- Picking up leaves
- Snow clearance
- Hard and soft Landscaping
- Design / planting schemes
- Hedge cutting and light tree work
- Turf laying and seeding
- Ensure excellent customer care with other members of staff and the public.
- Awareness and knowledge of the site, its activities and objectives in order to assist and interact with customers when required.
- To adhere to current Health and Safety legislation and best practice in accordance with the Society’s Health and Safety Policy Statement.
- Must wear corporate work wear and special personal protective equipment. Be able with direction, to work with a wide range of horticultural tools & equipment, in a safe manner.
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required of you in the post.
Apprentices must show commitment to the following:
- To achieve apprentice framework (Key Skills, NVQ and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame
- Attend the apprenticeship induction programme
- Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary
- Undertake any other required development work as part of the apprenticeship programme as requested
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior staff.
Apprenticeship start throughout the year and are open to any age of candidate.
It is important that qualifications are listed on your application no matter what the grade, as your application is sifted and sent to the employer based on meeting the Employers Vacancy Criteria.
Please log into NAS (National Apprenticeship Service) on a regular basis and look at the “Read Feedback” section against each individual application .
Requirements and prospects
- Willing to learn and work outdoors
- Must be enthusiastic
- Work well on own initiative
- Dedicated to completing the apprenticeship qualifications
- A friendly approach is essential
- Good attention to detail
- Proactive in your approach to work
- Must enjoy working in all weather conditions, and have a genuine interest in this type of work.
- Ability to grasp information and apply recently gained knowledge.
- Mature attitude and interest in plants and horticulture.
- Good interpersonal skills are essential.
2 x GCSE A-D / 3-9 Math & English or relevant Level 2 functional skills
Relevant 2yrs work experience in a similar setting
Things to consider
About the employer
Twiggs Landscaping and Maintenence
NVQ Level 2 Apprenticeship framework in Horticulture.
Day release attendance at Barnsley College - Wigfield Farm site will be required to study towards a work based Diploma in Horticulture, and Maths and English Functional Skills if required.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnsley College
Richard Willis 01226 216 166 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017