Apprentice Chef Duncombe Arms
We are looking for a candidate with a real passion for the catering industry to be our next Apprentice Chef.This is an exciting opportunity to join our high class restaurant, renowned for its exceptional standard of food. The team of senior level chefs will support and train you throughout your cookery apprenticeship.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
06 Jun 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Our experienced team of chefs will help support and train apprentices to cook a full fresh food menu.
The restaurant is now looking for a candidate with a passion for the catering industry to be their next Apprentice Chef.
You will gain an intermediate (level 2) qualification in Professional Cookery.
The successful candidate will be carrying out all aspects of preparing and cooking food for a restaurant based a short distance from the town of Ashborne, Derbyshire.
You will be required to work with a small and friendly team in a busy kitchen to assist in cooking food for a seasonal menu, using fresh ingredients.
- You will be working in the kitchen preparing and cooking fresh food and demonstrating knife techniques such as chopping, cutting, slicing, dicing and trimming.
- Working with a full range of foods, you will quickly learn new skills and develop your knowledge of meats, fish, and vegetables.
- You will also be responsible for foodstuff preparation such as salads, vegetables, garnishes, coating and sauces according to the menu.
- Full training will be provided and good mentor support in the workplace.
You will attend Burton & South Derbyshire College each Tuesday during term time, were you will gain further skills and theory knowledge working towards you full Level 2 Professional Cookery Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
- Willing to listen and learn
- Good Communicator
- Desire and passion for creating great food.
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic approach
- Willing to work as part of a team
- English & Maths at GCSE E or above
- GCSE lower grade 3 or above
Things to consider
About the employer
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery (Preparation and Cooking)
• Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality
• Level 2 Food Production
• Functional Skills English Level 1
• Functional Skills Maths Level 1
• Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Catering and Professional Chefs
BURTON AND SOUTH DERBYSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Burton and South Derbyshire College
Andrew Thompson 01283 494505 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017