Apprentice in Software Development BUSINESS CLOUD INTEGRATION LIMITED
We are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to join our growing team in Cambridgeshire. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to build on their current skills and knowledge in a dynamic team environment. You will be working with cutting edge technology and designing innovative and inspiring cloud based solutions.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
01 Jun 2017
Higher Level Apprenticeship
Within this role, you will be expected to perform a number of tasks including:
- Supporting the business requirements for the provision of internal applications services.
- Delivering an effective support and maintenance service for identified business applications.
- Undertaking the implementation of application development.
- You must be confident working in an agile environment.
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Delivering to an exceptional quality standard.
Requirements and prospects
- HTML /HTML5 / CSS / CSS3 / Bootstrap
- C# / ASP.net
- Knowledge of how to optimise websites for different browsers/cross browser compatibility
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Responsive design/development
- Demonstration of development learning/practice outside of education e.g. a Github portfolio.
- A keen independent learner
- Passionate about development
- Fast learner
- Willing to ask questions
- Willing to work on a wide range of projects/tasks
- Clear communicator
- Determined problem solver.
- GCSE Maths and English A-C or equivalent would be desirable
- Any development/Microsoft qualifications would be an advantage.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development (for level 4 software development apprenticeship)
- Knowledge Module 2 – Software Language (for level 4 software development apprenticeship)
- To complete one vendor/professional qualification
- Level 2 English and Maths will need to be achieved, if not already prior to the end point assessment.
80% on site / 20% off site
Attend college 1 day a week
Microsoft MTA training days as required
Project work to be completed.
Digital Industries > Software Developer
THE COLLEGE OF WEST ANGLIA
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by College of West Anglia
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017