IT Technical Support Apprentice Logiplex Computer Corporation
This is a great opportunity to join a growing company as an IT Technician Apprentice as you will get to learn the business inside and out. You will be required to assist in the daily running of the operation including to help customers with all their IT requests.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
31 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Answering telephone enquiries then dealing with their support request or introducing the client to the appropriate colleague.
- Welcoming walk-in clients and establishing their needs, then dealing with their request or introducing the client to the appropriate colleague.
- Restocking of accessories or cartridges in the shop.
- Updating of client records, including scanning historical paper based records into appropriate client files.
- Be able to explain and run basic computer diagnostic routines to identify the issue before explaining the viable solutions
- Carry out a basic set of computer repairs and re-build of the operating systems under the supervision of workshop technicians.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Familiarise yourself with the emergency fire and first aid equipment.
Requirements and prospects
You will need to possess:
- A good knowledge of general IT
- An understanding of both PC hardware and software
- An understanding of networking and configuration.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
The successful applicant will be:
- Enthusiastic about IT and technology
- Hard working
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Adaptable to different challenges
A minimum of 5 GCSE's at Grades A* - C, including Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications). IT qualification will be desirable, but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
City & Guilds Intermediate or Advanced Diploma in ICT Professional Apprenticeship, plus CompTIA or Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certifications and on-site training by the employer.
TDM Wyre Academy delivers Advanced and Higher apprenticeship programmes that are licensed apprenticeship programmes equip young people with the skills for a career in technology.
For those starting at Advanced (Level 3), the expected duration would be 1 year. There is an opportunity to progress on to the Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) and then on to Degree level.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
TDM Wyre Academy
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Development Manager Ltd
Sarah Stillard 03331010040 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017