Apprentice IT Infrastructure Technician The Comberton Village College
Are you passionate about IT and are looking for a role to help you gain skills and knowledge while keeping very busy? This fantastic school-based role could be perfect for you!
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
£130.00 - £150.00
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Oct 2017
30 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Comberton Academy Trust are looking for an apprentice to join the IT team at Comberton Village College as the apprentice IT Technician. Duties of the role are below:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide fault diagnosis and repair of all ICT equipment at first and second-line.
- Assist the Network Manager in the daily maintenance of key ICT systems and infrastructure.
- Where necessary, assist first-line staff in the maintenance and fault resolution of hardware and software.
- Take responsibility for project-based work, individually and as part of a team.
- Assist in the setup and implementation of new systems across the site including all relevant documentation and training for members of staff.
- To take responsibility for the effective management of all software deployed.
- Comply with all relevant regulatory, licensing, confidentiality and Health and safety legislation.
- Install updates, archive data and assist with data export for Academy administration systems.
- Ensure web/email services are efficiently maintained.
- Assist the Team Leader / Line Manager in ensuring that adequate disaster recovery measures are implemented and frequently checked.
- Assist in the management and configuration of all server-based systems including Active Directory.
- Build, test and roll-out applications and software packages for use across the network.
- Liaise with external agencies in order to resolve technical issues if and when required.
- Identify, prepare and deliver training to staff as required.
- Any other tasks considered reasonable by the Team Leader/Line Manager.
This is a very exciting role within a school, working with great people in a fantastic environment.
Requirements and prospects
- Effective communication both verbal and written.
- Maintain a smart appearance and pleasant manner.
- Ability to work positively as a team member.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Excellent ICT skills, i.e. Office applications.
- Working understanding of Windows 7 and above.
- Working understanding of computer hardware.
- Ability to relate well to young people and other members of the Academy team.
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding office roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and to seek learning opportunities.
- Ability to analyse and troubleshoot hardware/software problems.
- Positive attitude.
- Team Player.
- Comfortable working with young people.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to work within the Academy ethos.
- Willingness to work co-operatively with the whole Academy to achieve common goals.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible.
- A minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship (typically 15 months) you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Cambridge for 30 days of training across five months featuring structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer. You will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship standard – Infrastructure Technician. The qualifications consist of:
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
- Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
- Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
- Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
- Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
- Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
- One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
- Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS).
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017