Apprentice IT Support Consultant Waterdale Associates Limited
We are looking for an Apprentice to work as part of the Waterdale Support Team who provide telephone support to customers on a wide range of Sage and some Microsoft software packages. Initially, the Apprentice will work on the helpdesk, but the aim is to work towards a similar level as the experienced staff members on a wider product range.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
29 Aug 2017
31 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for an Apprentice to work as part of the Waterdale Support team (currently 5people plus a Manager,reporting into the Director of CustomerServices) who provide telephone support to customers on a wide range of Sage and some Microsoft software packages.
The current team members have many years of software knowledge and experience covering a wide product range and naturally it will take a long time for the Apprentice IT Support Consultant to assimilate this.
To begin with, the Apprentice IT Support Consultant will take phone calls from customers and log the details for a triage system to pass the ticket onto a nominated person. As more experience and software knowledge is gained, to gradually start to deal with very simple tickets on nominated packages. Long term therefore to work towards a similar level as the experienced staff members on a wider product range.
- Working alongside support consultants to investigate support issues.
- Chasing outstanding issues with hardware suppliers, and monitoring enhancement requests.
- General support administration including cd burning and downloading software updates.
- Resolution of basic support issues.
- Record all support logs and related actions on the support database in a clear, understandable and accurate manner.
- Keep the customer up to date with the progress of log investigation or resolution.
- Liaise with our suppliers where necessary to obtain the required information or assistance to aid the resolution of a log.
- Work in a team environment, sharing knowledge and information wherever appropriate to achieve the most efficient resolution to logs.
- Handle the escalation of logs to Support Consultants, or the Support Manager, according to the escalation procedures laid out.
- The company expects a professional approach from its staff in terms of contact with the customer, whether that is face to face, by telephone, fax, email or other written correspondence.
- To carry out other duties that may be required from time to time as directed by the management.
Requirements and prospects
You will possess:
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Organised and able to manage own time effectively
- Flexible approach – willing and able to work on multiple issues concurrently and able to cope with change.
- Willing to participate in the Departmental shift system when appropriate
- Teamwork – able to work with and communicate within a small team. Whilst also able to use own initiative to work on issues individually
- Well presented
- Outgoing personality
- A real enthusiasm for learning and self-development
- Must be prepared to work towards software certifications/accreditations, undertaking the necessary exams.
Ideally you will have five GCSEs including Maths and English (or equivalent). An A Level in an IT related subject or a college based course would be desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
City & Guilds Intermediate Diploma in ICT Professional skills, including an industry certification (Microsoft MTA or CIW Certified Internet Web Professional), together with onsite training by the employer.
TDM Wyre Academy delivers Advanced and Higher apprenticeship programmes that equip young people with the skills for a career in technology.
For those starting at Advanced (Level 3), the expected duration would be 18 months. There is an opportunity to progress on to the Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) and then on to Degree Level.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
TDM Wyre Academy
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Development Manager Ltd
Anne Pilsworth 03331010040 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017