Volvo Cars Multi-skilled Body & Paint Apprentice Dorking Accident Repair Centre Ltd
A fantastic apprenticeship opportunity within the Volvo Cars Authorised Repairer Network, where you can learn and develop both new and your existing skills in an exciting and challenging role - best of all you'll earn while you learn!
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
30 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Candidate’s daily duties will involve:
- Remove & refit body panels e.g. wings, doors, bonnets, tailgates.
- Repairing & reshaping panels using body filler, panel hammers and other special tools.
- Welding on new panels.
- Mixing & applying primers & colour coats, using spray guns & equipment.
- Polishing painted panels using polishing machine.
- Remove & refit of mechanical parts e.g. wheels, suspension, steering, air conditioning, transmissions, engines.
- Remove & refit electrical components e.g. lights, security systems, instruments & entertainment systems, charging and starting systems, electrical fault finding.
- Remove & refit interior & exterior trims e.g. bumpers, spoilers, door trims, carpets.
- Researching and applying the necessary repair methodology to execute the correct repair.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication & listening skills.
- Problem solver and have attention to detail.
- Be good in a practical environment.
- Be very safety conscious.
- Be patient & well organised.
- Comfortable with the use of up to date information technology.
- The ability to work as part of a team, supporting a number of colleagues.
- Desire to work in a results-focused environment.
- Take responsibility to keep your product knowledge up to date and relevant.
- Flexibility to work within workshop opening hours, including weekends.
- You will need 3 GCSEs or equivalent at A-C, especially Maths, English, ICT.
Things to consider
About the employer
Over the 36-40 month programme, you will initially work towards a Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Multiskilled Vehicle Collision Repair before progressing to a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship also, in either Vehicle Body Repair or Refinishing, and receive the following:
- At work training supported with coaching and assessment.
- Instructor led training at Volvo’s Training & Development Centre at Daventry.
- Online learning modules (+ other elective sessions if you wish).
- Webinar based modules.
- Qualification unit assignments: completed by self-study/in repairer study.
- In repairer and web based assessments towards your qualification.
Vehicle Body and Paint
CALEX UK LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Volvo Training & Development Centre
Aidan Tierney firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2017