Inside Sales Apprenticeship Avnet
This is a great opportunity to gain vital experience and work towards Level 2 qualification.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
26 Sep 2017
30 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are seeking a Sales Apprentice to work in our Inside Sales team based in Maidenhead. Acting as the first point of contact for our customers on day-to-day account management activities and supporting our External Sales force, the Inside Sales team also liaise with other functions to ensure customer's needs are met whilst maximising revenue and profitability for the company. You will learn to communicate within a professional environment developing good interpersonal skills.
Daily Tasks will include:
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries and prepare written quotations.
- Prepare daily quote log, check and book customer orders in a timely manner; Liaise with Account Managers, Quote teams, Marketing teams, Asset teams and Finance.
- Review customer order book, identify issues, manage customer concerns and proactively.
- Chase for repeat business.
- Participate in sales promotions.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills (written and spoken).
- Good ICT skills including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Outlook.
- Attention to detail.
- Mature, punctual and reliable with a positive attitude to work.
- Articulate and confident in using the telephone.
- Responsible, trustworthy and respect for confidentiality.
- Well presented.
- A*-C grade in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent, but not essential.
About the employer
- Identifying who customers are, and the difference between internal and external customers.
- Knowing your organisation’s core values and linking them back to service culture.
- Knowing the internal policies and procedures, including complaints processes and digital media policies.
- Knowing your business’s legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Learning how to use systems, equipment and technology to meet customer needs.
- Understanding your role and responsibility within the organisation and the impact of your actions on others.
- Understanding the products and services that are available from your organisation.
- Using appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Using a range of questioning skills, including listening and responding, to build rapport and determine customer needs.
- Providing clear explanations and offer options to help customers make choices that are mutually beneficial to both the customer and your organisation.
- Organising yourself, prioritising your own workload/activity to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrating patience and calmness during customer conflict.
- Frequently and consistently communicating and working with others in the interest of helping customers efficiently.
- Accepting responsibility, is proactive, plans work.
- Acting on and seeking feedback from others to develop or maintain person service skills and knowledge.
- Treating customers as individuals to provide a personalised customer service experience.
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
NORTH HERTFORDSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North Hertfordshire College
Sarah Brignull 01462 424242 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017