Business Administration Apprenticeship - Avonmouth Howden Joinery Limited
An apprentice is required to ensure that all depot administration is processed and completed effectively, efficiently and in the timescale required to support the team and maximise sales. You will also ensure all customer queries are answered in a courteous, professional and knowledgeable manner.
Closing date: 01 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Aug 2017
26 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include:
- To provide potential and existing customers with the highest level of service.
- To deal with enquiries from customers in a courteous, professional and knowledgeable way, effectively communicate the products and services offered by the company.
- Selling products and services to potential customers in an effective way.
- To correctly process sales for customers using the in store payment points, quoting correct pricing, delivery date and stock requirements. Ensuring all documents are filed correctly.
- To encourage and participate in effective account management, with the use and knowledge of the WEK reports.
- Continually developing your product knowledge and tailoring Howdens service to each customer would be your motivation for delivering the best service possible.
- Conducting account management, establishing customer base via account recruitment. To aim to increase the company’s customer base.
- To carry out daily checks on the forklift truck in accordance with Health & Safety Policy. To report all defects to the Depot Manager.
- To achieve and exceed individual and store product group targets.
- To participate as an effective and willing team member to achieve individual and team goals.
- To unload and check accuracy of all incoming stock supplier deliveries in line with the Health & Safety off loading procedures and Company policy.
- To carry out daily/weekly stock checks, according to procedure, to ensure and accurate computer stock file.
- To understand and comply with company policy regarding damage controls and replacement part ordering.
- To ensure a safe and comfortable environment is maintained for customers and employees within the store. Ensure compliance with Health & Safety Regulations.
- To assist with any other reasonable request in order to fulfil the requirements of the business and smooth operation of the depot.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, but outlines the salient points of the role.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues at all levels including managers.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and suppliers.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Friendly manner in order to clearly articulate Howdens Joinery products to the public.
- Organised and committed approach.
- A positive attitude to work.
- No formal qualifications required just a genuine interest in the area and a passion to succeed.
Things to consider
About the employer
- This is a work based apprenticeship with regular visits from an assessor
- Level 2 in Trade Business Services
- Functional Skills if required.
Trade Business Services
THE REAL APPRENTICESHIP COMPANY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Real Apprenticeship Company
Recruitment 01926298030 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Aug 2017