Apprentice Engineering Technician J C Metal Works
To undertake an advanced apprenticeship as a mechanical engineering technician leading to a nationally recognised qualification and accreditation.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
26 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Who are we? ....
We are JC Metalworks Limited, are a successful precisions sheet metal manufacturer based in Loughborough, fabricating Point of Sale products for well-know high street brands. We were founded in 1986 have grown considerably over the years and have invested in hi-tech equipment to help us achieve our future ambitious growth plans.
What are we looking for? .....
We are looking to recruit up to 3 engineering apprentices to work in various departments such as Design Engineering, Fabrication, CNC Pressing, Spraying and Cutting. You will need to have a minimum of 4 GCSE’s at Grade C or above including, Maths, English and a Science subject (or equivalent qualifications).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To complete an initial programme of training to be conducted within the Company’s Engineering, Cutting, Forming, Fabrication, Powder-Coating, Assembly and Despatch Departments during the first 18 months of the scheme with a view to specialising in the later stages of the Apprenticeship
- To become proficient in the application and use of a wide range of machines and machine tools including, but not restricted to, conventional and CNC turning and milling, grinding and drilling
- Fitting and assembly skills including the use of hand tools and marking out
- Welding, fabrication, linishing, polishing, grinding and other jointing processes
- Sheet metalwork including cutting, folding, etc.
- Measurement and inspection techniques using a variety of metrology equipment
- Training in the use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) using proprietary software packages
- Attendance at college on day release basis leading to recognised NVQ qualifications over a three year period
- Carrying out such tasks and duties as directed by the Team Leader that are calculated to contribute to the requisite levels of performance and competence
- To provide instruction and advice within the Department commensurate with training completed
What’s in it for you? .....
You will not be expected to specialise in the early part of your apprenticeship as we have an 18-month apprentice programme which will enable you to get the full picture about our Company and gain a better understanding about where you want to specialise.
We offer competitive rates of pay, 28 days’ holiday per year, a Company Pension Scheme when you are eligible to join plus other benefits, a friendly, clean working environment as well as supporting you to achieve your qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
- Demonstrable interest in an engineering discipline.
- To be I.T. literate and familiar with Microsoft “Word”, “Excel” or equivalent software.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Aptitude for practical science or engineering skills
- Highly motivated
- Willing to learn and follow guidance and instruction
- Always work safely
- The ability to work as a team member and possess good interpersonal, communication and literacy & numeracy skills.
- To work with efficiency, accuracy and to be able to meet deadlines
- High level of flexibility and dependability
- Reliable in terms of attendance at work and college and completing assignments
Minimum of 5 GCSE’s, or equivalent, at Grade A* to C including English, Maths and a Science related subject
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Diploma in Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering Level 3
- BTEC Diploma in Engineering Level 3
- Functional Skills in Maths Level 2
- Functional Skills in English Level 2
- Functional Skills in ICT Level 2
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Loughborough College
Jill fox 01509 515461 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today