Apprentice Estimator LATERAL DESIGN STUDIO LIMITED
In a company with 40years knowledge in customer sales, pricing, surveying, and redesigning construction related products, you will be charged with maintaining and developing the social media output for the business whilst also being involved with the design process of many products.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Oct 2017
24 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Working within this award winning, family run business, you will be working within a small team and trained directly by the Managing Director of the business. With 40years of knowledge in customer sales, pricing, surveying, and redesigning construction related products, you will have a fantastic opportunity to work towards developing skills and qualifications that are in demand within the industry sector. You will be charged with maintaining and developing the social media output for the business whilst also being involved with the design process of many products.
Within the post the Apprentice will be required to;
- Monitor and manage incoming communications to the central office and ensure actions are dealt with
- Support projects through to successful deadlines as a central point of communications
- Liaise with customers and contractors with;
- Product and production information
- Relationship development
- Support the communications within the design and manufacturing process of existing and new products
- Maintain professional communications with suppliers both National and International basis, tracking costings and any fluctuations
- Amend and update information on marketing documents and brochures
- Support various office based roles with administrative elements of their roles
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- An understanding of professional language and attitude on the phone and through email
- Being able to research products (old and new) to support production
- Well organised with a drive to meet deadlines
- Friendly personality, who cares about the perception of themselves and their work
- Mature and professional attitude to the work place is a must
- Maths and English qualifications GCSE Grade C/4 or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
NVQ Level 3 in Customer Service.
CENTRAL BEDFORDSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Central Bedfordshire College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017