Customer Service Apprentice My Fabric Place
A Customer Service Apprentice is required to deal with customers, all aspects of stock control and dressing the shop. This is a great opportunity for you to start your customer services career. So don’t delay apply today!
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
24 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Dealing with customers face to face on a daily basis
- Offering advice and support to customers, some knowledge of sewing, patterns and/or, craft is desirable
- Keeping the shop clean and tidy
- Changing and/or enhancing displays as directed
- Dealing with email queries
- Engaging on social media as necessary
- May be required to move rolls of fabric
- Dealing with telephone queries
- Following instructions from other members of staff
- Keeping other members of staff up to date with ongoing issues
- Some weekend work may be necessary (Saturdays)
Shop is open 9.30 to 5.30 Monday to Saturday.
Requirements and prospects
- Confident when speaking to people over the telephone and face to face
- Competent in using Microsoft Packages
- Good organisational skills
- To be able to prioritise workloads
- Good written communication skills
- To be able to build rapport with customers
- Knowledge of sewing/craft would be highly desirable.
- Hard working
- Team Player
- Good time keeping
- Willingness to learn new skills either through external training or on the job
Things to consider
About the employer
My Fabric Place
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role.
In addition, training will also be provided towards the Apprenticeship in Customer Service Level 2 through in house delivery.
The Customer Service Level 2 consists of the following:
- Level 2 NVQ in Customer Service
- Technical Certificate
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Functional Skills in Literacy and Numeracy.
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Babington Business College
Gail Cork 01332 345450 Gail.Cork@Babingtongroup.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017