LEISURE ATTENDANT APPRENTICESHIP Sevenoaks Leisure Centre
To ensure the public safety and cleanliness of buildings and to provide good customer care.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
23 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To patrol the poolside ensuring the safety of all users.
- To undertake cleaning duties to the highest possible standards, as and when directed.
- To show a high degree of customer care to ensure customer enjoyment and satisfaction.
- To carry out teaching, as and when necessary.
- To promote the Centre at all times.
- To ensure the regulations of the Health & Safety at Work Act are fully met, and comply with standard employee Health & Safety at Work responsibilities.
- To undertake life saving and other relevant qualifications as directed.
- To erect and dismantle equipment, as necessary within the facilities.
- To participate in any relevant training for the duties of this post and to achieve the key objectives of Sevenoaks Leisure Limited.
- To participate fully in Sevenoaks Leisure Limited’s staff appraisal scheme.
- To comply with standard employee Health & Safety at Work responsibilities.
- To comply with Sevenoaks Leisure Limited’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- To be willing to undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in a Leisure Centre
- IT literate
- Good organisational skill
- Ability to achieve NPLQ certificate within three months
- A full commitment to customer care
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Flexible and able to work unsociable hours
- NPLQ certificate
- Coaching / teaching qualifications
- First Aid certificate
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Active Leisure, Learning & Well-being Operational Services (QCF
)Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Leisure Operations (QCF)
Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Level 1 - Maths
Level 1 - English
Exercise and Fitness
ICON VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Icon Training
Vikki Ryan 01291 423655 Vikki.firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017