Apprentice Front of House Receptionist United Lodge Ltd
To ensure the day to day operation of the front desk is undertaken and the guests experience is at the highest quality. To ensure the day to day operation of the front desk is undertaken and the guests experience is at the highest quality.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
23 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Ensuring all incoming calls are handled to the correct hotel standard and answered within the required time frame
- To liaise closely with all departments within the hotel and ensure any concerns regarding their handling of incoming calls are brought to the attention of the relevant departmental manager
- Ensure all messages and incoming emails and facsimiles are relayed in the most effective and direct manner
- To complete the guest payment of room / restaurant bills on departure and to take appropriate payment and record as necessary
- To direct concierge /porters/valet parking with request for guests, including the delivery of guest baggage to rooms and collection of baggage on departure
- To liaise with concierge /porters/valet parking for valet parking services for guests
- Arrange for any couriers or special deliveries etc, as and when appropriate
- To undertake general administration duties as directed by the front of house manager
- To comply with all Hotel and Company policies and procedures
- To comply with statutory requirements regarding the work place such as employment law, health and safety, hygiene, fire prevention, etc.
- To be responsible, whilst liaising with the Reception Manager, for your own development
- To carry out any other reasonable duty to assist in the smooth running of the hotel
- To ensure every effort is made to meet guest needs, with all comments and complaints being completed following procedures laid down by the Hotel and Company policies and procedures
- To develop a local knowledge of the surrounding areas so as to be competent enough to recommend places of interest and to dine
- To liaise with all departments to ensure effective and efficient communication at all times
- To attend training and development courses and to assist in the training and development of all associates within your area of responsibility to ensure the hotel achieves five star standards of service
Requirements and prospects
- Can do attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Quick learner
- Bilingual is desirable not essential
- Able to speak to people at all levels
- Well presented
- People person
No entry requirements.
About the employer
United Lodge Ltd
- Level 2 Hospitality Qualification
- On the job training provided
COLLEGE OF HARINGEY, ENFIELD AND NORTH-EAST LONDON, THE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London
Denise Thomas 07557083899 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017