Apprentice IT Support Analyst MANAGED ENTERPRISE TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
Provide 1st line support to a range of clients for a range of tasks including logging incidents for clients, completing any assigned daily tasks, reviewing monitoring alerts and logging incidents for these alerts. Gaining valuable experience setting up PC’s and working within an IT service company.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2017
22 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Leaning many aspects of providing support to customers, including helping users who have technical issues, or need help, supporting applications
- Within one year certify in a Microsoft certification, having agreed the elective first.
- Working closely with business managers and staff.
- Gaining a broad range of skills, and spending time within various departments to better understand functions and process
- AntiVirus Checks.
- Backup Checks.
- Dealing with alerts and automated system monitoring
On Service Desk:
- Ensure that all incidents are logged with the correct level of information to enable operatives on the 2nd line to proceed with resolving the issue
- Monitor the ServiceDesk email inbox, to respond to support calls logged via email
- Monitor the alert sub folders of the ServiceDesk email inbox and action accordingly, raising calls where required
- Monitor customer backup systems and log any issues that may arise
- Answer telephone, and provide support updates where necessary on issues from initial contact to resolution
- Log all calls in the relevant Call Logging systemEscalate incidents when required to 3rd parties, external resources or others. Monitor performance of 3rd parties and external resources to ensure that they are providing the expected level of service and meeting their SLA
- Write up support calls and maintain documents and records to a professional standard; for example Request For Change (RFC’s), Customer Build Logs and Tech Docs
- Adhere to security policy and any customer security policies
- Provide excellent customer service by understanding the business drivers, taking proactive action and providing clear communication
Requirements and prospects
- Being confident, good work ethics, interested in IT and computing.
- Using Microsoft software, such as word, Excel, Outlook.
- Hobby oriented.
- Good communication skills, be able to work as a team.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to learn and progress quickly, driven towards self-advancement.
- Able to work in a team and on their own.
- Willingness to complete research and development in their own time as well as given time.
- Qualifications required
- You’ll need to have 5 GCSEs grade A – C (or equivalents) (including English and Maths) with an interest in business and an aptitude for technology.
About the employer
MANAGED ENTERPRISE TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
As part of the Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship you’ll be registered as a member with the British Computer Society and have the opportunity the gain valuable qualifications, recognised by employers including:
- Microsoft Technical Associate Network fundamentals
- CompTIA A+
- Microsoft Technical Associate Mobility and Devices Fundamentals
- CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft Technical Associate Cloud Fundamentals
- Microsoft Office Certifications in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
DIGITAL NATIVE (UK) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by DIGITAL NATIVE (UK) LIMITED
Suzanne Higginson 07885267251 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017