Nursery Apprenticeship My Creche Ltd
To contribute a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the Nursery. To give support to other personnel within the Nursery. To implement the daily routine in the base room.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
15 Oct 2017
23 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area, in conjunction with other staff
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members
- To attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parent's evenings, summer fayre, Christmas party, etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of Nursery
- Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled
- Recording accidents in the accident book
- Look upon the Nursery as a "whole", where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children
- Ensure child is collected by someone known to Nursery
- Preparation and completion of activities to suite the child's stage of development
- To ensure mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing
- Washing and changing children as required
- Providing comfort and warmth to a poorly child
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development
- To be aware of the high profile of the Nursery and to uphold it's standards at all times
Requirements and prospects
- You will have a professional and mature approach to work
- You will need to be flexible in relation to your working hours
- Reliable and conscientious in your care of the children
- You will need to be an effective team member
- You will have an understanding of the need to provide a stimulating, caring and consistent environment for children
- Be prepared to undertake additional training, i.e. Child Protection, Equal Opportunities
- You will need to be aware of the importance of working within set policies and guidelines
- Be able to work as part of a professional Childcare team
- Have a clear understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Have an understanding of children's needs and behaviour
- The ability to set appropriate limits for children
- To be able to help children respect people of different race, ability, gender, religion and culture
- To be motivated and to motivate the children and staff
- The ability to develop imaginative ideas
- To engender trust in the children and colleagues
- The ability to form caring and trusting relationships with the children and their families
- The ability to behave consistently in a caring and relaxed manner with the children
- Encourage children to respect others
- To be able to understand and meet the needs of individual children and their families
- Hard working
- Able to work as part of a team
GCSE's Grade A*- C or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
My Creche Ltd
- Children and Young People’s Workforce Certificate Level 2
- Mathematics, English and ICT Functional Skills Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Children and Young People's Workforce
COLLEGE OF HARINGEY, ENFIELD AND NORTH-EAST LONDON, THE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London
Maxine 0208 4423448
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017