Apprentice Nursery Practitioner BIG DISCOVERIES LTD
We are looking for a motivated person who loves to work for children and keen to develop their skills in helping children fulfil their potential. As part of the role you will be responsible for key children, communicating with parents and staff and planning for children to provide them with the opportunities to learn and grow.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
23 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Job Purpose: To enable children to engage in a range of play and learning opportunities and to participate in the day to day running of the setting.
Responsible to: Preschool Manager
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To provide and maintain a high-quality service to children and their families working as part of a staff team to meet children’s individual needs.
Children and Families:
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with children and families.
- To assist with the planning and delivery of a wide range of activities to meet children’s needs.
- To work within the EYFS and promote high standards of care for the children.
- To assume responsibility for key children and ensure their developmental needs are met, accurately recorded and learning diaries are up to date.
- To maintain a childcentred environment by reviewing displays, resources and room lay out with the team.
- To use observation and reflective practice to contribute to planning and evaluation in the setting.
- To maintain children’s safety and wellbeing at all times during attendance at the setting and on trips.
- To take any action required to ensure the safety and welfare of children and to report any concern immediately to the Manager.
- To ensure good communication between staff and parent’s/carers.
- Is aware of and implements strategies to safeguard all children in their care.
- To attend staff meetings, supervision and appraisals and relevant identified training.
- To work within policies and procedures at all times and support staff to adhere to them.
- To keep records as required.
- To contribute to any quality assurance programmes.
- To maintain positive working relationships with relevant external professionals.
- To support and develop an environment which is inclusive for all.
- To engage in reflective practice and implement new effective strategies for teaching and learning.
Requirements and prospects
- Understanding and ability to implement the EYFS framework and Ofsted requirements.
- Willingness to learn
- Good communication skills with children and colleagues
- Self motivated.
- Positive outlook.
- Keen to learn and improve.
- Calm under pressure.
- A team player.
- A recognised level 2 childcare qualification.
- GCSE or equivalent A*-D in English or Maths
Things to consider
About the employer
- Bespoke off the job to meet the need of the framework delivered at the College site
- Regular visit and support from the assessor on the workplace
- NVQ Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification
- Level 2 Functional Skills if required
Children and Young People's Workforce
SOUTH DOWNS COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Downs College
Danielle Harding 02392 797979 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017