Apprentice Chef Devonshire Arms Country House
Do you have a passion for food? Dream of becoming a Master Chef? The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa are searching for an Apprentice Chef with a love of food and a desire to learn. The Apprentice will work amongst skilled professionals, using quality ingredients to create a variety of dishes from simple home fare to fine dining.
Closing date: 13 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
20 Nov 2017
23 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To ensure that the food is prepared and presented to the highest standards as required by the Company and to present it at the times required.
- To ensure that your designated section, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy to the standards required by the kitchen.
- To be fully conversant with all menus, in particular those which are the responsibility of your section and of their recipes and quantities.
- To assist the Chefs in the rotation of stocks and correct storage procedures ensuring the appropriate stock levels.
- To report any defects in machinery and equipment immediately to your section leader.
- To ensure that food product is not wasted and that standard recipes are adhered to at all times.
This list of duties is not exhaustive and additional duties may be required within reason for the better fulfilment of the role and the needs of the business.
- To complete all Health & Safety and job skills training as required.
- To work in accordance with company Health & Safety guidelines especially in relation to Hazard and Accident.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and relevant EC directives.
- To provide a healthy and comfortable working environment, smoking is prohibited throughout the Hotel.
- To undertake any training/coaching required by the Company to enable you to perform your duties effectively.
Requirements and prospects
- Basic knowledge and understanding of food are essential.
- Ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Very good communication skills, specifically the ability to follow instructions.
- Willingness to learn and a passion for food are essential.
- Must be of smart appearance with excellent personal hygiene standards.
- Must be prepared to work in all kitchens at a variety of locations.
- Candidates will ideally have a minimum of 3 GCSE A* - D grade (or equivalent qualifications). This is helpful but not essential.
- No other qualifications required as training will be provided.
Things to consider
About the employer
- This is a level 2 Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery and will include a combination of workplace assessment and college attendance. There is scope to progress on to an Advanced apprenticeship after this for the right candidate.
- Apprenticeships are changing and detailed information about the delivery of this apprenticeship is not yet available. More information on course content and assessment methods will be discussed at interview.
- Depending on the start date of the apprenticeship, this may be a Framework or a Standard.
- If candidates do not have A*-C (4-9) or equivalent in Maths & English at GCSE there will be a requirement to do Functional Skills up to Level 2.
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Craven College
Sarah Haworth 01756 693686 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 13 Nov 2017