Contact Centre Agent Apprentice NHS BSA
NHS BSA are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as a Contact Centre Agent . The successful candidate will work towards a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Customer Service
Closing date: 29 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
16 Oct 2017
18 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The contact centre is a shared service for a number of NHS bodies and BSA departments. The centre handles customer calls of varying complexity with advisors multi-skilled and able to handle a mix of calls.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for answering a variety of customer telephone calls from a very diverse customer base.
2. Working as part of a team within the contact centre.
3. Providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
4. Providing help and guidance to customers, tailoring conversations to the customers’ needs including customers with special communication or language requirements
5. Working to agreed performance and accuracy targets and standards, complying with all regulatory requirements such as Data Protection.
6. Working on various computer system applications, accurately inputting, updating and amending customer information to ensure that the customers’ enquiries are handled appropriately and resolved fully.
7. Processing applications and payments (credit and debit card payments) via telephone, data capture system and web site.
8. Liaising with other internal and external bodies.
9. Dependant on experience and expertise may be asked to mentor new staff and existing colleagues.
10. Working in accordance with all quality standards.
11. Must keep up to date with all changes and updates.
12. The contact centre is demand lead, advisors must be prepared to join the bidding process for shifts designed and produced by the Workforce Management System, or dependant on business need work a fixed working pattern or rotation.
Accountable to: Customer Contact Manager
1. The post holder will undertake such other duties as may be required commensurate with grade and experience.
2. This role specification covers the main areas of responsibility of the post holder only and is not an exhaustive list of duties. The role specification may be subject to amendment following consultation with the post holder.
3. The post holder must operate at all times within the Authority's Standing Orders and Standing Financial Instructions.
4. The post holder will use appropriate equipment and carry out all duties in a manner compliant with current Health and Safety Legislation and Regulations.
5. All communication provided must adhere to the Data Protection Act.
Requirements and prospects
Are you accurate, able to follow detailed instruction and relay complex information effectively? Our award winning Contact Centre Service is recruiting advisors to join our busy team based in Newcastle City Centre.
Demonstrating exceptional customer service skills, our advisors are tasked with resolving inbound queries from NHSBSA customers either over the telephone or via email or social media.
Successful candidates will have a positive attitude, experience of working in a busy customer focussed environment and of handling customer queries. With us you will be expected to be flexible and meet internal efficiency targets whilst using your communication skills to deliver exceptional customer service at all times.
The right candidate should have GCSEs at grades C or above in English Language and Maths or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 qualification in Customer Service
Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where required)
Day release class
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Middlesbrough College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2017