DAF Heavy vehicle Apprenticeship Programme MTC Northwest Ltd
Working alongside qualified technicians who will be dealing with all aspects of the maintenance and repair of heavy vehicles.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
18 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Role and responsibilities:
- An exciting opportunity to work for DAF as part of a highly skilled work force that is committed to quality.
- The course is fully supported with all of the training you require to become fully qualified.
- With the rapid increase in the complexity of today’s trucks – and the technology needed to keep them up and running – first class training for those involved in the vital servicing and maintenance of these vehicles has become more important than ever.
- The DAF Apprentice Programme gives you the chance to join the select group of specialist technicians working on some of the most modern, sophisticated trucks on the road.
Requirements and prospects
- Full training will be provided, no skills required.
- A keen interest in heavy vehicles, excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- The employer is looking for an apprentice that is very hard working and motivated to learn new skills.
- Minimum of 2 GCSEs or equivalent (A-C preferable).
About the employer
MTC Northwest Ltd
Apprentices will be working and will be trained within the dealership and an advisor will visit at least every 4-6 weeks as part of a close support network to ensure that Apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course. An Apprentice’s training includes:
- Industry recognised framework qualification.
- Key Skills (IT, Communication and Application of Number)
- NVQ Level 2 and/or Level 3
- Vocational related qualification (technical certificate)
- DAF Level 1 technician modules.
Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skillnet
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017