Bakery Apprenticeship - Level 2 - Denby Dale Good Health Store
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a true interest and passion in the baking industry and really wants to get on the ladder to a long and successful career within this sector.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
22 Oct 2017
18 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To assist in all sections of the kitchen operation, to ensure that statutory obligations and company standards are met, that a smooth, efficient service is maintained and that the product provided is of the highest standards
- Adhere to strict food & hygiene regulations
- Have knowledge and follow company and statutory health and safety
- To adhere to any cleaning rotas
- Maintain personal hygiene standards at all times
- Assist all sections within the kitchen to ensure a smooth and efficient service to the highest standard
- Maintain a workload rate that ensures the kitchen operation is efficient and avoid any disturbances to service
- Work well under the instruction of the line mng
- Ensure the kitchen area is kept clean and tidy, pots, crockery and utensils etc are cleaned and put away
- Support in preparation of products ready to be cooked, cooking under supervision and presenting to the highest standard
- To communicate well with the team
- Have a true interest and passion for the baking and chocolatier industry, be patient and be willing to learn
- Dealing with members of the public, serving customers, using a till and handling monies, displaying items, packing items to be order ready
- To mix, prepare and bake bread
- To help in the display of bakery items in the shop
- To make scones, vanilla slice and fresh cream products.
- To prepare sponges, danish pastries and cakes
- To make pastry and use in the preparation of savoury items
- To bake pasties, sausage rolls and veg slices
- To keep the bakery clean
- To help order ingredients. Retail work (e.g packaging, displaying products, serving customers)General cleaning and tidying
For the suitable applicant there is the potential of a job at the end of the apprenticeship.
THIS ROLE WILL BE A 5AM START TIME SO THE SUITABLE APPLICANT MUST LIVE LOCAL OR HAVE A FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE AND ACCESS TO A CAR.
Apprentices must show commitment to the following:
- To achieve apprentice framework (Key Skills, NVQ and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame
- Attend the apprenticeship induction programme
- Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary
- Undertake any other required development work as part of the apprenticeship programme as requested
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior staff.
Apprenticeship start throughout the year and are open to any age of candidate.
Requirements and prospects
- Multi tasker, polite, able to follow instructions but also show initiative
- Good communication skills
- Excellent time keeping
- Be able to work long hours
- Enthusiastic approach
- Excellent timekeeping
- Professional and presentable appearance is a must
2 GCSE’s at Grade A* to D including English & Math or Level 2 Functional skills
2 years work experience in a bakery environment
18+ Yrs due to 5am start
Full uk Driving licence and access to a car due to location and early start.
Things to consider
About the employer
Good Health Store
Attendance at Barnsley College to complete an intermediate level bakery apprenticeship and functional skills if required
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnsley College
Julia Caldwell 01226 216 166 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017