Chef Apprenticeship - Level 2 - Valentino's Wakefield AB Restaurants Limited
Working in this busy restaurant the suitable candidate will be working within the kitchen area as an Apprentice Chef. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a true interest and passion in the catering industry and really wants to get on the ladder to a long and successful career.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
18 Sep 2017
18 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This apprenticeship will require you to learn, and take responsibility for, organising and controlling the efficient and economic production of quality food within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in line with EHO regulations.
- To learn and assist in delivering safe working practices and systems of work throughout the facility.
- To learn and carry out the tasks assigned by the Head Chef / Kitchen Supervisor
- To learn and follow all procedures as specified in the Procedures Manual.
- To learn and adhere to Hygiene Regulations.
- To learn and carry out cleaning duties as required by the Head Chef/ Supervisor.
- To ensure food is well presented/garnished as required by the Head Chef/Supervisor and The Standards Manual.
- To learn to and monitor and document quality control procedures as required by the Head Chef / Supervisor.
- To embrace the financial ethos when it comes to housekeeping, hygiene and that care is always taken of the facility’s fixtures/furnishings and equipment.
- To ensure that effective communication takes place in order to ensure that operational information is shared fully.
- To learn and assist in ensuring the general security within the kitchen area in particular the security of store rooms, freezer, fridges. Etc.
- To learn and follow the kitchen procedures based of the principles of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and The Safer Food Better Business Handbook.
- To learn and assist in maintaining high standards of cleanliness in the facility and relevant check sheets are completed.
- You will ensure that food is prepared in accordance with customers’ orders whilst ensuring that methods and standards of service provision within the timescales required, ensuring high standards of food at all times.
- To learn and assist in continuously improving the financial performance, including in areas measured by key performance indicators. E.g. Food GP Margin.
- And any other duties commensurate with the grade and falling within the scope of the post, as requested by Management.
Apprentices must show commitment to the following:
- To achieve apprentice framework (Key Skills, NVQ and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame
- Attend the apprenticeship induction programme
- Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary
- Undertake any other required development work as part of the apprenticeship programme as requested
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior staff.
Apprenticeship start throughout the year and are open to any age of candidate.
Requirements and prospects
- Multi tasker
- Able to follow instructions but also show initiative
- Good communication skills
- Excellent time keeping.
- Be able to work long shifts while being physically active
- Enthusiastic approach
- Excellent timekeeping
- Professional and presentable appearance
- Reliable and punctual.
2 GCSE at Grade A* to G or equivalent functional skills.
Things to consider
About the employer
AB Restaurants Limited
Attendance at Barnsley College to complete an intermediate technical apprenticeship in professional cookery.
Functional skills where required
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnsley College
Julia Caldwell 01226 216 166 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2017