Apprentice Nursery Assistant LES Petites Etoiles
LES Petites Etoiles are a newly established bilingual nursery in North London looking to support, develop and intergrate a number of childcare enthusiasts into a group of valued professionals. A fantastic opportunity for any person!
Closing date: 08 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
09 Nov 2017
18 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
LES Petites Etoiles are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join their team of professionals in caring for their provision of children between the ages of 6 months - 5 years.
Offering an opportunity to Earn as you Learn! You will be mentored and supervised by qualified professionals and you study to towards your NVQ Level 2/3 in Childcare.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To ensure that each child’s potential is fully developed in a social, physical, psychological and cultural sense and their development both as an individual and as a member of a group, is paramount at all times.
- To share responsibility for the preparation of a stimulating and caring environment, with due regard to all aspects of Health and Safety.
- To participate in planning and organising appropriate play and educational activities.
- To observe, assess and contribute to the written record of each child’s progress.
- To foster each child’s development and growth of independence and self-reliance.
- To encourage the children in developing both English and their own language.
As part of the team, to contribute and participate in:
- Planning and preparation of the class, group work and individual work to suit the needs and age of the pupils.
- Whole school/Centre record keeping.
- Participating in meetings relating to: curriculum development, general administration, school organisation and pastoral arrangements.
- Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, safeguarding their health and safety, both on school premises and when engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
- To provide personal care to a child, whilst at the same time encouraging their independence.
- To encourage and value the involvement of parents/carers in the life of the school and to appreciate and recognise the expert knowledge they have of their child.
- To implement the Centres/ Council’s Equalities and Race Equality policies fully. To work actively to overcome and prevent discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender, disability, sexuality and status.
- To be aware of own practice and keeping up with current trends in education. Attend relevant courses and INSET, in accordance with priorities in the Centre Development Plan.
- To render first aid in accordance with school policy.
- To support the school and Centre by participating in events at either site.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time to meet the needs of the setting.
Requirements and prospects
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- A-C GCSEs, or equivalents, in Maths and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
LES Petites Etoiles are a newly established nursery by a group of professionals with the ambition to offer an outstanding level of childcare provisions in the North London area.
A bilingual nursery - LPE have both French and English rooms and are unique in the teaching of both languages to children of a young age.
LES Petites Etoiles
- Children & Young People's Workforce L2/L3.
- Functional Skills if required (ENGLISH, MATHS & ICT).
Children and Young People's Workforce
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
emily laurenza 01277725974 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Nov 2017