Kitchen Assistant Apprentice Decadent Catering
Looking for a career in Catering? Decadent Catering Ltd in Leicester city centre have a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join their team as a Kitchen Apprentice.
Closing date: 17 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
25 Sep 2017
18 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- You will help support by assisting in the stages of food preparation and presentation of our Business breakfasts and lunches in time for delivery to local business’.
- You will be preparing the fillings and making of hot/cold sandwiches/wraps/rolls, cooking small savouries, salad dishes, baking, cutting and decorating cakes, all to a high standard and ensuring consistency at all times.
- We also cater for Canape Events, Celebrations, Corporate Events which will involve you preparing, cooking and baking a variety of Canapes, Hot and Cold Dishes.
- The main part of the role itself will be working in our purpose-built kitchen as well as the occasional request from Customers to provide a sit-down meal with waitering service and/or Self Service Buffett.
- You will also be responsible for stock rotation, the cleanliness of the kitchen, and the implementation of HACCP.
- You will need to be able to work unsupervised and therefore be very self-motivated.
Requirements and prospects
Excellent time management skills and able to prioritise
A genuine interest in food preparation and presentation/baking/cooking
Handling of food and ensuring hygiene levels are met to a high standard at all times, maintaininga high level of tidiness throughout
A mature and positive ‘can do’ attitude
Flexibility, especially during busy periods of business
Able to seek ideas and initiative
Establish strong relationships with colleagues and customers and maintain a professional image at all times
Warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills
No formal qualifications required, however GCSE Grade A-C in Maths and English (or equivalent) would be advantageous. An initial assessment would take place prior to the start of the Apprenticeship training programme.
Things to consider
About the employer
The successful candidate will be trained towards the following qualifications:
- QCF Certificate in Food Production and Cooking(NVQ)
- Certificate in Food Production and Cooking(VRQ)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Mathematics and English.
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Recruitment Team 0116 2295512 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 17 Sep 2017