Business Administration Apprentice Haider
A great chance to work within this excellent solicitors’ firm within Halifax. An opportunity to gain first-hand experience of working within the criminal law sector. You will support the firm with different admin related tasks on a daily basis. For the right person the opportunity to develop beyond the apprenticeship.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
18 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Your duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- To liaise with clients and other businesses both in person and on the telephone in a professional manner.
- Preparation of correspondence and documents through audio typing and word processing.
- To make appointments and to maintain an up to date diary for the fee earner(s).
- To undertake general office duties such as photocopying and faxing.
- Preparation of mail for dispatch.
- To undertake archiving.
- To provide reception services.
Requirements and prospects
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
- Answer the telephone in a positive and confident manner.
- Demonstrate good and effective computer skills.
- Need to be able to work as part of a team and also use own initiative.
- Have good communication skills.
- Have a good telephone manner.
- Be computer literate.
- Be able to use own initiative.
- Be able to prioritise workloads and work to deadlines.
- Be able to demonstrate attention to detail.
Maths & English Grade A* - C or equivalent or can work to desired level ICT qualification (desirable)
Things to consider
About the employer
The successful candidate will gain:
- Level 2 qualification in Business Administration
- Functional Skills as required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Calderdale College
Dan Holt 01422418432 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017