Apprentice Engineering Quality Technician Hardide Ltd
Engineering apprentice required to work in the quality department inspecting customer components and ensuring customer specifications have been met.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Aug 2017
18 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible and work in a safe manner.
- Support and work to 5s systems as applicable
- Measuring of components using CMM equipment
- Measurement of components using hand held equipment
- Measurement of components for surface finish
- Evaluation of components using visual examination against standards
- Support calibration activities for company equipment
- Completion of works records and inspection data
- Working with customer component drawings and engineering drawings
- Control of quarantined parts and support of corrective action systems
- Assisting the Quality Engineer in the running of the Quality department
- Maintain attendance & progress on the NVQ course or training equivalent as applicable.
- Completing the framework of the course as per the time line it requires.
Requirements and prospects
- Keen to learn and demonstrates a level of commitment to their own development
- Uses initiative in achieving desired outcomes
- Communicates effectively
- Making informed decisions and uses judgment
- Takes care in performing tasks ensuring work is of a high standard
- Prioritises and manages own time and resources in delivering on commitments
- Working effectively as part of a team to enable and support collaboration
- Understands and can comply with the health, safety and environmental requirements of Hardide processes
- Good team working and communication skills
The successful individual in this role must have a demonstrable problem-solving capacity, which requires a detailed and attentive personality. Hardide is a fast-paced growing business that is constantly introducing new products to the process, the successful candidate should be able to help plan and perform the work to an agreed timetable in pressing production environment. They must have the ability to work alone as well as in a team and possess good communication skills.
Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade A-C including Maths and English, or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations
- NVQ Level 3 Engineering
- BTEC Diploma in Engineering
- Functional skills
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Personal learning and thinking skills
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Oxford College
Ciera Kent 01865 551881 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017