Business Administration Apprentice Joint Operations (Uk) Llp
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a medical device distribution business during an exciting period of growth. This 12 month Business Administration Apprenticeship offers the ideal start for someone in the medical industry.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
11 Sep 2017
18 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This opportunity initially consists of a 12 month Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2, which includes release for a block week of Functional Skills workshops at Swindon College. This role offers the ideal start for someone looking to break in to the medical industry and work in a supportive yet progressive environment.
In this role, you will be:
- Dealing with customers on a regular basis, by phone, email and letter
- Assisting with order processing, picking and packing and invoicing
- Organising business travel, accommodation and the company’s participation in industry events
- Taking and producing meeting minutes
- Compiling company mailings
- Compiling data and producing reports
- Providing support to the Sales and Marketing teams
Requirements and prospects
The ideal candidate will have:
- Basic IT skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good timekeeping and prioritisation skills
The ideal candidate will be:
- Outgoing and confident
- A good team player who can also work on their own initiative
- Able to work well under pressure
- Willing with the drive to learn
GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C (/4) or above in English and Maths.
Once the successful candidate has completed the desired Apprenticeships there may be scope for the successful candidate to join the Joint Operations team on a permanent basis.
Things to consider
About the employer
As our name suggests, partnership is the heart of Joint Operations. Our role is to link surgeons to a network of progressive manufacturers focused on advancing care within Joint Preservation, Extremities and Regenerative Medicine.
Central to Joint Operations is the partnership we hold with our suppliers – we’re immensely proud to represent their technologies in the UK and the Republic of Ireland. The efforts they apply to developing meaningful innovation is the fuel for the business.
Linking to this is the close working relationship we have with our customers. Every day our Sales and Marketing teams present the Joint Operations portfolio to clinicians in the UK and Ireland, providing support in the Operating Theatre to give patients the very best outcomes.
During your apprenticeship you will complete the following training:
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS)
If required you will also complete:
- Functional Skills in English (Level 1)
- Functional Skills in Maths (Level 1)
- Functional Skills in ICT (Level 1)
In addition to the above training, Joint Operations will provide the following training:
- ISO 9001:2008 Training
- H&S / Packaging / Dry Ice Training
- Sage Training
- IS Training
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Swindon College
Yasmine Yule 01793 498208 YasmineYule@swindon.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017